Business Quick-Tips

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Taking Flack

I guess my methods of income generation aren't quite as popular with others as I would have thought. I'm not surprised though, my way of doing things is often very straightforward, sometimes even edgy/pushy. In trying to encourage others to maximize their earning potential, I ended up being the bad guy... Oops! I sincerely wish I could change people's opinions about my methodology, and also about my intentions.

Caught in the crossfire, I attemtped to apologize for any statements that may have been misinterpreted, however, the apologies were quickly shut down. Oh well, I gave it a shot.

The saddest thing about this whole ordeal (the idea that paying for web content is non-kosher), is that it is actually allowed by eHow, as clearly mentioned in their terms of use. In section 4, a/b:

"POSTING CONTENT ON THE SITE; REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
4. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any content on the Site, including without limitation text, audio, video, pictures, graphics, music, sound clips, images, likenesses, personal information and other works of authorship (collectively, "Content"), and including any Content you post through the Writer Compensation Program described in Section 6 hereof, you warrant and represent that:

a) you own all rights in your Content and the performance contained in your Content or, alternatively, you have acquired all necessary rights in your Content to enable you to grant to eHow the rights in your Content described herein and for us to exercise the rights with respect to such Content that you grant herein;

b) you have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, arising from any use or commercial exploitation of your Content; "



I own all of the rights to my content, so it shouldn't be a big deal. Thankfully, some people agree with me. I appreciate all the people that support me by saying that what I bring to the table is a differing view on entrepreneurship.

I guess I should follow my own advice and stay out of the forums. However, discussion groups are meant to encourage diversity, so I would rather continue to stay involved (we'll see....). I would really prefer it if people just blocked/ignored me if they didn't agree with my statements, rather than simply making unecessary comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment