Business Quick-Tips

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Make a Hit List

So one thing that I've learned over years of entrepreneurship is to always have a "hit list" of ideas that you can work on. Its inevitable that over time you will get bored with what you are currently working on, or that your current efforts will become stagnant and you need a change of pace to pick up your spirits.

To combat this, I keep a list of ideas/jobs/projects that I can pursue when I get the time. Some of them are small, like submitting websites to Google's webcrawler for increased web exposure, while others are quite extensive, like searching for a multi-unit residential property to invest in. I add to this list whenever I think of an idea, and look back on it often. My list right now is 9 deep.

An important thing to keep in mind though, is that this is NOT a wish list, this is a hit list, a to do list, ideas that you can actually make progress on. If it's a wish list, you may not be able to conquer them as quickly as some simpler ideas and eventually you will forget them and let those ideas fall to the wayside.

No comments:

Post a Comment