Business Quick-Tips

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Continuing to Expand Web Presence

I finally got the domain name server changed over on my personal website (www.jon-fletcher.com), which I plan to use on an online business card/resume; however, as you can see, I just have a place holder up right now. If you leave a site blank for too long, it becomes "parked," or inactive, and Google will catch onto that and may even black-list your website, meaning that it would not show up in searches unless directly searched for. Not a good thing; especially if you are trying to promote yourself or a product.

As I continue to bring sites online, I am increasingly becoming aware of my web-development deficiencies. Which is why I am really trying to outsource that process, so that I can focus on what I am good at; business development. I think my biggest problem is that I simply do not have the time during this deployment to really focos on personally building a site. I know exactly what I want it to look like, and how I want it to be marketed, but I just need it built. I'm really trying to find that perfect person/company to build the websites. I had used a company in the past (from MN) to build a website for a company that that I started/developed and subsequently sold, but the support they provided was basically junk, and the website itself was kind of a joke. So the right developer is very important to me. In the meantime, I will continue to look for software or programs that will make site building process a little easier for me.

Any suggestions on user friendly site creator programs?

No comments:

Post a Comment