Business Quick-Tips

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Back from Overseas, New Job

Ok, so its been a little while since I've posted, but in my defense, I was deployed overseas... However, I'm not one to make excuses, so lets just keep on going right were I left off.

I'm now wrapping up the first semester of the 2nd year of my MBA at the University of Wisconsin (Whitewater), and looking forward to graduating in December of this year. The past few months I have been hard at work establishing my online presence and continuing to build my residual income streams. During the fall, residual income was up around $600 per month, but has since leveled off at about $300, primarily from my eHow.com account.

Fortunately, I was able to secure a great job almost as soon as I returned form overseas, which I am crediting almost 100% to the fact that I am completing an MBA. This is great because it affords me the option of not having to rely at all on my residual income streams. However, becaues of the residual income, I am able to invest in other opportunities that I wouldn’t have in the past, like real estate. I am continuing to diversify my online holdings. Since I already have an extensive portfolio of online web-content, I’m going to be taking advantage of it and posting similar content on multiple websites. Most of my content is in the “how-to” format, so to keep re-write costs low, I’m looking for similar sites. I came across firehow.com and have had pretty good success, so I am going to continue to put articles on that website as well as eHow. However, I am being careful not to duplicate articles that are already strong earners elsewhere. The last thing that I want to do is ruin the earnings formula that has made specific articles strong by double posting them.


I have also begun seriously working with Amazon affiliates and see a lot of potential. I’ll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment